7 INTERVIEW TIPS
HOW TO MAKE A GREAT IMPRESSION
1. Research the industry and the company. Understanding the key information about the company you are applying to will give you confidence during the interview. You can also go on their website, social media posts, recent press to have a solid understanding about the company's objectives and why are you a fit.
2. Identify the reasons why you want the job. Before going to an interview prepare 3-5 selling points in mind what makes you the best candidate for the position. Also have an example of each selling point for instance: "I am a good team player because ..," "I have good communication skills from..."
3. Prepare smart questions for your interviewers. Never forget that interviews are a two-way street. Interviewers expect you to ask questions, they want to know you are serious about joining their team.
4. Speak the right body language. Dress formally, make eye contact, give a firm handshake, have a good posture and speak clearly. Be presentable and look appropriate!
5. Be yourself. If you are hired based on your interview which you were not yourself rather than being honest than you're new employer will expect you to act that way on the job. Never underestimate your ability or yourself. In the end you need to know if you can fit in with the job's atmosphere and the team.
6. Be on time. If it is your first time in the area make sure you arrive on time. The employer made time to interview you so you need to respect his/her time.
7. Never give up. If during an interview you feel like the employer was not interested do not let that get to you. You never know what can happen once the interview ends.